1. Potatoes -- 4
2. Milk Cream (Malai) -- 1 cup
3. Cashewnut paste (With Water) -- 2 tbsp
4. Onion -- half (if big)
5. Ginger & Garlic( Chopped) -- 3/4 th tsp
6. Green Chilli -- 2 to 3
7. Tomato puree -- 3/4th cup
8. All purpose flour (maida) -- 3/4th cup
9. Turmeric Powder, Red chilli powder -- 1/2 tsp
10. Oil for deep frying
1. Make a paste with onion, ginger, garlic and green chilli.
2. Peel and boil the potatoes. Mash it . Add little salt and red chilli powder to the milk
cream. Make a liquidy paste with maida and salt.
3. Make balls with the mashed potato and fill the center of the ball with milk cream.
close the ball and dip in the maida paste. Deep fry until golden brown.
4. Take a tbsp of oil in a pan and add the ground paste of onion to it. Stir fry till
it is slightly brown. Now add Red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt.
5. Add tomato puree and cook for about 15 minutes on medium flame. After you
notice oil separating from the side of the pan add the cashew paste and a little
water. Cook and allow it to boil for a few minutes.
6. Before serving heat the gravy and pour the gravy over the fried potato balls(Koftha).
Garnish with a little milk cream and a few cilantro leaves.