1. Grated Beetroot & Carrot -- 1/2 cup each
2. Cauliflower flowerettes -- 1/2 cup
3. Peas -- 1/4 th cup
4. Onions -- 3/4 th cup
5. Boiled, Peeled and Chopped Potatoes -- 1 cup
6. Green Chilli -- 2 or less
7. Cayenne Pepper (Red Chilli Powder) -- 1/2 tsp.
8. Ginger and Garlic -- 1/2 tsp each
9. Salt to taste
10. Bread crumbs -- 1 cup (approx.)
11. Egg -- 1
12. Oil for deep frying
1. Heat two tablespoons of oil and add onions and green chilli to it. Fry for a minute and
add the other vegetables(1,2&3). Cover and cook. Add very little water to cook, if
2. Beat the egg and add a tablespoon of milk to it.
3. Now add the potatoes, red chilli powder, ginger, garlic and salt. Shape into balls and
flatten with hands(Make into patties).
4. Now, dip in the beaten egg and then the bread crumbs. Cover with the bread crumbs and
deep fry in oil. Remove from oil when golden brown.
5. Serve with tamarind and mint chutney.
Note: You can also fry the patties on a skillet with little oil on it instead of deep
frying. The potato mixture has to be very thick.