1. Besan(Gramflour) -- 1 1/2 cups
2. Red chilli Powder(Cayenne Pepper) -- 1/2 tsp. (or more if desired)
3. Salt to taste
4. Onions -- 3/4 th cup (Chopped into juliennes)
5. Chopped Dill -- 1/4th cup (optional)
6. Methi leaves -- 1/4th cup (optional)
7. Oil for deep frying
1. Mix the onions, cayenne pepper, salt and besan (also dill and methi, if using). Let it
stay for about about 10 minutes. Add some water (only as much as required) to make into a
very thick paste.
2. Heat the oil for about 10 to 15 minutes on medium heat. Pour a spoonful of the paste in
the oil and let fry until golden brown. Stir in between. Remove from oil and serve after
3. Serve with tamarind chutney and mint chutney.
Note: Be very careful near the oil.