1. Sabhudhana -- 1 1/2 cups
2. Potatoes (boiled, peeled and mashed) -- 2 cups ( 3 to 4 potatoes)
3. Jeera (Cummin seeds) -- 2 tsp.
4. Cayenne Pepper (Red Chilli Powder) -- 2 tsp. (or less)
5. Cilantro leaves (Coriander) -- 1 cup
6. Salt to taste
1. Wash the sabhudhana in water and drain away the water. Keep sprinkling a handful of
water every 40 minutes. After about 4 hours or until the sabhudhana has soaked
water, add the mashed potatoes, cayenne pepper, jeera, salt and cilantro leaves. Make a
dough of this mixture. It should be a thick dough.
2. Heat the oil for frying. (It takes
approximately about 10 to 15 minutes on medium heat.)
3. Shape into small balls and flatten it with
your palm. Fry in oil until golden brown. Keep turning the wada every 4 minutes.
Note: You have to be very careful near the oil.