1. All purpose flour -- 1 cup
2. Salt to taste
3. Baking soda -- 1/4t tsp.
4. Butter -- 2 tsp.
5. Chopped Onions -- 1/2 cup
6. Boiled, peeled and chopped Potatoes -- 1 cup
7. Peas -- 1/2 cup
8. Green Chilli -- 1
9. Ginger -- 1/2 tsp.
10. Cilantro leaves (chopped) -- 1.4 th cup
11.Red Chilli Powder (Cayenne Pepper) -- 1/2 tsp.
12. Oil for deep frying
1. Heat two tablespoons of oil and add onions and green chilli to it.
Fry for a minute and add the peas and cook for two to four minutes. Add the cayenne
pepper, salt, ginger and potatoes. Turn off the heat and mix well.
2. Make a strong dough with all purpose flour, salt, baking soda and butter.
3. Shape into balls and roll into thin circles of about 5 to 6 inches. Cut into half.
Smear milk(or a liquid of all purpose flour and water) on the sides and shape it into
a cone. Fill the potato mix and close the sides.
4. Heat the oil for about
10 to 15 minutes on medium heat. Now, carefully add the samosas and fry until golden
5. Serve with Tamarind chutney and mint chutney.