Toor Daal Vobhattu
Ingredients:( To make - 10 to 12)
For the Dough:
1. All Purpose Flour -- 1 1/2 Cups
2. Turmeric Powder -- 1/2 tsp.
3. Oil -- 2 tbsp.
4. Water as needed.
For the Filling:
1. Toor Daal -- 3/4 th Cup
2. Jaggery -- 3/4 th Cup
3. Elaichi (Cardomon) -- 5
1. Cook the daal in a pot with water until it is almost cooked. Now, add the jaggery and elaichi. Grind into a thick paste (almost like a dough).
2. Make a dough with the ingredients for the dough.
3. Take a small amount of the dough and shape into a ball. Roll into a small circle and place a small amount of the filling in the center and cover with the edges of the dough. Now, carefully roll again into a 6 inch(approx.) circle.
4. Heat a skillet and place the rolled vobhattu on it. Turn sides every 3minutes. When it starts getting brown spots, remove from heat. Spread some ghee and enjoy.