Ingredients: (To serve : 5)
1. Crushed pineapple -- 1 can
2. Mustard seeds -- 1 tsp
3. Chana daal , urad daal and sesame seeds -- 1 and 1/2 tsp each.
4. Rasam powder or chilli powder and Brown sugar --1/2 to 1 tsp
5. Tamarind paste -- 1/4 tsp
6. Dry coconut flakes -- 2 tbsp
1. Fry (dry fry) chana daal, urad daal and sesame seeds separately.
2. Grind chana daal, urad dal, sesame seeds and coconut using little water.
3. Heat a tbsp of oil in a pan and add mustard seeds. When the seeds start to crackle add the pineapple along with its juice. Add the tamarind paste. Cover and cook(approx 5 minutes). Now, add the ground paste, rasam powder and salt. Cook for another 10 minutes on low heat.