Ingredients : [ To Serve -- 4]
1. Tomatoes (chopped) -- 2 and 1/2 cups
2. Chopped onions -- 1 and 1/2 cups
3. Red chilli powder -- 1 tsp
4. Turmeric powder -- 1/2 tsp
5. Salt to taste
6. Chana dal and urad dal -- 1 tsp each
7. Mustard and methi seeds -- 1 tsp
8. Oil -- 3 tbsp
9. Brown sugar -- 1 tsp
1. In a pan , fry methi and mustard seeds (Dry fry ) till they crackle. Then grind them into a powder. Keep aside.
2. Take the oil in the pan and fry a tsp of mustard seeds, chana dal and urad dal till it becomes brown. Now add chopped onions, red chilli powder and turmeric powder. When the onions start turning brown, add the chopped tomatoes and salt to it. Cover and allow it to cook on medium heat for 10 minutes (approx).
3. Mash the tomatoes slightly when cooked and add brown sugar and the methi and mustard powder to it. Garnish with cilantro.