Ingredients : [ To Serve -- 4]
1. Chopped Vegetable -- 2 cups
(Any one of these vegetables : bell pepper and peas, eggplant, cabbage or methi leaves)
2. Sambar powder or Vangi bhath powder* -- 3 tbsp
3. Lemon juice -- 1 and 1/2 tsp
4. Salt to taste
5. Cooked Rice -- 3 cups (It should be cooled)
1. Heat a tbsp of oil and add mustard seeds and chana and urad daal. When the mustard seed starts to crackle, add the vegetable and cook for about 15 minutes (Approx). Add salt while cooking.
2. When the vegetables are almost cooked, add the vangi bhath or sambar powder and lemon juice. Now, add the cooked rice and mix well. Serve with raitha.
* Note : You can find vangi bhath powder at any Indian stores. Ask for MTR brand Vanghi bhath powder.